It provides intake, assessment, job search/career exploration, employment counseling, job development, job placements, remedial education referrals and support (GED), MFIP services and case management services to youth and adult job seekers in the neighborhood.
Library programming in the center will include employment information and experiences:
- Teen Tech Squad – a team of paid teen workers lead their peers in technology-based, maker workshops to increase skills and develop creative problem solving
- instruction in library resources that support the building of job skills
- employment focused learning circles on interview preparation
The library will also support culturally responsive heritage programming in the space.
The City of Minneapolis will work with employers, educators, and community partners to offer tools and resources that develop career pathway services and direct access to skill-building opportunities. The Center will bring employers to the community and offer real-time access to jobs and opportunity
MCTC staff will provide:
- Information on post-secondary education options and financial aid at Minnesota State system colleges and universities to prospective college students;
- Information on workforce development training program opportunities to job seekers;
- Information technology hardware that enables job seekers to access real-time postings of positions at Minneapolis area employers that match their skills, credentials, and interests.